"It's just a glass, nothing happens" is what many of us think when using plastic glasses, cutlery, plates and many other things. But the same thing thinks millions of people in the world.
Here's a bit about how much plastic has done.
Worldwide, 73% of beach trash is plastic:
- There are already more than 5 trillion pieces of plastic floating in our oceans.
- Nearly one million plastic beverage containers are sold around the world every minute.
- By 2050, almost every species of seabird on the planet will eat plastic.
What can we do? Let's avoid the use of plastic, these are some ideas:
- Avoid disposable products.
- Buy products in bulk .
- Buy products packaged in cardboard or glass .
- Luffa natural fiber scourers (at reasonable prices jiji).
- Avoid buying water in plastic bottles.
- Avoid frozen foods in supermarkets.
- If you are a woman, use the menstrual cup.
What would you add to the list?